Wednesday, November 29, 2006

letter to mahmoud

Today, Iran’s President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad released a letter he wrote to the people of the United States. In the letter he pointed out that he, like us, is a monotheistic person, faithful in his devotion to God. He said that governments are there to help people. I couldn’t agree more. He criticized our involvement in Iraq. I couldn’t agree more. He said that we have an administration that doesn’t accept its accountability for its actions. Again, I can’t disagree. I thought it was necessary for me to respond, but I don’t know Mr. Ahmadinejad’s address so I can’t mail him a letter, or even a Christmas card, for that matter. Since I can’t mail him a letter, I thought the best way to respond was to send him an open letter in my weblog, much the same way he sent his letter to us. Here is my response.

Dear Mr. Ahmadinejad,

I read with interest your letter to the American public and I was more than a little surprised that there are so many things with which you agree with the majority of Americans, including yours truly. I also thought it was interesting that you felt enough familiarity with Americans that you felt the need to communicate with us. I have a suggestion, however.

Go fuck yourself.

In a democratic, progressive society, there needs to be an exchange of ideas, and you have the perfect right to express your ideas and be heard in the context of said democratic, progressive society. However, you have forfeited your right to participate in this exchange of ideas simply by your support and participation in your own thirteenth-century, totalitarian society.

Your suggestion that “blind support for the Zionists by the US Administration” is in some way responsible for the current state of world affairs is somewhat self-serving to your own pretzel logic.

You may suck my dick, you piece of shit.

You ask why the problems in Iraq have not been resolved, suggesting that in an open society, the people ought to be able to influence the government to change its policies. Well, it’s you that is the cause of the problem. The intelligent choice of our leaving Iraq is complicated by the fact that we have to make sure that pig fuckers such as yourself aren’t going to move in and move the place even further away from civilization.

Probably the only thing that gives me hope is that despite your government’s effort to outlaw civil rights for your citizens and to ban any influences of western civilization that your citizens continue to wear western clothes and listen to rap music. As much as I hate rap music, I can’t help but believe there is little in the world more beautiful than the sound of Snoop Dogg and Notorious BIG blaring through the streets of Tehran.

Yes, sir, your people don’t listen to you and your old ways, so don’t expect Americans to be listening either—or at least paying attention. As bad as our government is, if I have to choose between you and Bush, my choice is going to have a Dubya in his name. That was an insult, if you didn’t catch the subtlety. I might even pick Cheney over you—although I would have to think long and hard.

Anyway, please let me summarize. Go fuck yourself. Suck my dick, you piece of shit. Go fuck a pig, you pig fucker. And let us Americans handle the governing of America.

Have a joyous holiday season and give my regards to the family.

Yours truly (or my name isn’t),

Dick Clinch

6 Comments:

Blogger Author name here said...

I couldn't agree more.

2:23 PM  
Blogger Diogenes said...

Dick (and thena), this is gonna hurt me more than it hurts you, but I have to do it. I have enjoyed your posts in the past, but this one...how do I put this? It lacks clarity.

You write: "In a democratic, progressive society, there needs to be an exchange of ideas, and you have the perfect right to express your ideas and be heard in the context of said democratic, progressive society." This is of course said right after you tell the man to fuck off.

Why does this suck? Because "In a democratic, progressive society" we allow everyone to speak even if we do not agree with them. We allow people to express their views-no matter how stupid the idea or their mentality. We do not argue with people by telling them to go fuck themselves. That is not reasoned discourse; it is an avoidance of actually addressing the issue.

You comment that he can suck your dick about the whole Zionist support thing because it supports "your own pretzel logic." Wow. Again, you successfully avoid the issue completely. The USA has, in fact, supported the Israeli state for decades despite its illegal actions (like permanently occupying Palestine and the creation of nuclear weapons).

As for his comment about an open society that should be able to change its policies, he is correct. At least in his country everyone knows that the people have no real power. Here we just pretend and then attempt to destroy others that at least have the decency to be honest.

We would not need to be protecting Iraq from Iran right now if we had not stuck our fucking nose in Middle East business in the first place, something I am sure you agree with. But, it is this kind of circular logic that the Bush administration uses constantly.

In closing, it is not Mr. Ahmadinejad who started all this. We have been telling Iran how to run their own affairs for decades. In my book, turnabout is fairplay. At least he has the balls to say things many in this country do not.

A criminal knows how to spot a comrade and even a fool can spot them both hiding in the bushes.

7:42 PM  
Blogger Author name here said...

Diogenes:

are you naked in that photo?!

9:00 PM  
Blogger Leesa said...

Dear Dick Clinch, or maybe not...

I like your sense of humour. I need to borrow some of it to help me through blogger glitches.

5:20 AM  
Blogger dick clinch said...

Thanks, everyone, for your comments. Thank you, too, Diogenes. I hope in your search, you will someday find an honest man.

My primary point to Mahmoud was that, while agreeing with much of what he said, I felt his distaste for an open society and the open exchange of ideas disqualified him as a credible commentator.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Adam Moses said...

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.
enjoying your blog. Many thanks.

6:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home