Sunday, December 31, 2006

sideshow saddam

We’re on the verge of the New Year and your old buddy Big Dick is looking back over the recent past, trying to decide who was the most influential person of 2006. Just as Time Magazine couldn’t put their finger on anyone in particular and gave the honor to you and me, I am having trouble naming the person of 2006, too.

I figure that since a number of the freaks out there have been watching Saddam Hussein dangling at the end of a rope this weekend, I have been thinking about him, George Bush and Herschel Krustofski.

By the way, why is it necessary to watch Saddam’s neck breaking? You know and I know that the cocksucker is dead. Why is it necessary for all of the sick fucks out there to watch it over and over on line? I don’t plan to watch it and I’m sure most of you highly educated and sophisticated readers are not going to either.

I don’t think Saddam Hussein was the most important person of the year per se, but I am going to name him as that, because no other single person has influenced the way the Untied States behaves so far this century as Mr. Hussein has. I am officially nicknaming the man Sideshow Saddam. A brief explanation for that is coming, but first, I think it is necessary to document why Saddam has been so influential on the way we do things as a country.

First of all, the greedy bastard tried to extend his influence by invading another country. First he tried to invade Iran with the backing of the United States. Then he invaded Kuwait. This time without our backing, so we went in and kicked his ass. Because Saddam invaded another country to impose his will, our own slack-jawed President figured he would follow Saddam’s lead, and he invaded another country too. Coincidently, old loathsome George decided that country would be Iraq.

Saddam suspended due process in Iraq and spied on his people and locked them up without trials and threw away the key. Because Saddam did it, dumb-ass Dubya decided he would do the same thing.

Saddam turned Abu Ghraib into his personal political prison and mistreated the inmates there. Well, guess who else figured he’d better follow suit? I’ll let all of you fill in the blank.

Saddam decided he was going to use torture against his enemies and the enemies of the state. Because of the need that our President has to be as much like Saddam as he can, now we have evidence that this country is doing it, too.

But so much for running down that lower life form that occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue, I’m sure the question running through everyone’s mind right now is, “Why Sideshow Saddam?”

Perhaps you remember that Herschel Krustofski, under his stage name, Krusty the Clown, loaded his sidekick, Sideshow Bob into a cannon. He then allowed some child from the audience to ignite the device and blow Sideshow Bob to kingdom come.

“Don’t blame me,” said Krusty. “I didn’t do it.”

I thought of that line on Friday night when they took Sideshow Saddam to the gallows. Our own somewhat-less-than-perfect President came on television and said the Iraqi people had finally brought their ex-leader to justice.

Yeah, right! It looked a lot like traditional Iraqi justice to me, with a somewhat Western flair.

So where do I get off comparing the President of the United States to a cartoon clown?

Well, if you follow The Simpsons and Krusty the Clown, you are aware that Herschel’s father, much like that of the current President, was somewhat of an authority figure (a Rabbi) and that both had substance abuse problems and tipped the bottle a bit. You may recall they both have a problem with correct decision-making. While Krusty merely blew his sidekick out of a cannon, old loathsome George handed Sideshow Saddam over to the Iraqi posse, which strung up the old dictator.

While hangin’ may have been too good for him, I wonder what it really accomplished? I wonder if the world will be a better place, or if Sideshow Saddam merely passed along his evil to the one we call Dubya.

If your New Year’s Eve celebration consists of sitting in front of your computer and watching Sideshow Saddam drop over and over, then you are a sick fuck.

For all the rest of you:

HAPPY NEW YEAR

I hope you all have a great 2007, or my name isn’t Dick Clinch.

2 Comments:

Blogger mscipher said...

Hear! Hear!

Happy New Year to you too!

Looking forward to reading more of your always interesting entries...

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great...
Thank´s
Here again...you write me in my blog ...Now I´m write i yours

10:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home